BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Prochaska Family

The Prochaska Family
First Family Photos as a family of 4!

Friday, August 19, 2011

to borrow means to return...

As a kid I always looked forward to the day when I would be out of school and no longer dealing with drama...then came college and more drama, and I couldn't wait to just get out into the real world and start my life, well guess what, drama came with that too. For the most part I have learned to ignore it, as I still find it childish, but in a few cases I have succumbed to the childish level of others and entered the world of drama! I know you all probably find that so hard to believe...but it's true.

Now I am on my third draft of this blog...still trying to decide how to discuss this issue. And really if this is the Life I live, then I might as well just tell it like it is or there is no reason to have my blog. There was a time when I didn't trust anyone, you had to prove yourself to me first. As I have gotten older I have veered from this way of thinking. I have become a lot nicer, and tolerant of people and their behavior. I have actually read that having children makes you more sentimental, softer, nicer, overall a better person. Now of course, we all know that in the real world,some parents are just plain dumb and worse, they are mean. So again, I am here finding myself tiptoe around the situation. Certainly, you are reading this blog for a reason, and it isn't to read excuses of why I can't tell it like it is...so screw it, here goes...

We all have family, we all feel like we can trust our family, that we are blood and thats thicker than water, whatever that means. Well, its unfortunate that in my family there are some that can't be trusted as far as you can throw them, thankfully they are distant relatives, but well, they still have my maiden name and have definitely made a name for themselves.

When I had Ansley I kept everything. I bought a huge tupperware container and put her clothes in them as she out grew them, each container was labeled with all the contents and sizes. Naturally, most everything was pink, since she was the first female Prochaska in over 60 years. A cousin found out she was pregnant, and she didn't have anything at all, they were living in government housing were about to have their vehicle repossessed and so on. I told her that she was more than welcome to BORROW, Ansley's things such as her crib, changing table, a wipe warmer, mattress, sheets, bumper, stroller, car seat, and all of her clothes from 0-6 months. By this point she did already know it was a girl. I told her that all I asked is that if anything is stained just throw it away. I didn't want the stained items. Luckily, I took out her coming home outfit and a few other very important outfits. Within a week of telling her that she could use everything she had found a way to come all the way to Woodruff, and pick everything up. I told her there was no rush, Ansley was about 18 months and we had no need for any of it, but please keep it together because I wanted it back. Really, would I go to the trouble of buying containers, labeling them with the contents and sizes, if I was just going to discard them? So here we are almost 2 years later...Ansley will be 4 in December, and Adam will be 1 in October. When I first found out that I was pregnant with Adam I told her that I wanted the clothes back, but not the crib or changing table because she was still using them and I wouldn't ask for them back. She kindly filled me in on how she wasn't sure which clothes were whose and that oddly her daughter was just now wearing 6 month old clothes...WTC! Her daughter would soon be a year old...and she was this tiny, my first thoughts are...take your child to the doctor! Well, the time came when we found out we were having a boy, but I still texted her and told her that I wanted my things back, at least the clothes. She wanted to know why, I was having a boy, why did I want all these girl things! Well, for starters, they are mine and basically that is what it really boils down too, but at the same time there were several items that Adam could also use. Here came the excuses...again, everything was mixed up, she was still using them, she had no way to get them to me...then she asked why I wanted them back. Other than the fact that they belonged to me, there were sentimental reasons, but also monetary ones too. I consign my children's clothes so that I can buy them new clothes for the next season. She asked, could she purchase everything from me because she had a friend that needed it all. I talked to Nick and we agreed that was fine. Of course, she couldn't pay a lot, but we came to the agreement of $150, and she would send us the money at tax time. Naturally, you know the next part, or it wouldn't be a blog!! No money...again I have contacted her and wanted to know when she was going to return my belongings. She tried to say that her daughter was just now in 12 months, well thats great, because all you borrowed of mine was 0-6 months...she said she was done with the crib and changing table as well! Great! You can now return it all. I thought it was a simple yet great plan. However, she didn't. Personally, I think its funny because via text she is cursing me and telling me how she is not dealing with high school drama...and that I had given the items to her, I had said it right in front of another cousin and his wife...bahaaaahahahaa...umm, take a moment to laugh, I had too. Number 1, I would never give anything away, I allowed you to "borrow" it, but you don't know what that means, number 2, I didn't say anything in front of either one of them, when it comes to lies, honey they are by far worse than you.(yes, that is kinda like a compliment). Finally I told her the bottom line was, I allowed her to borrow the items, and I wanted them returned. She had figured out a way to come and get them all, she can figure out a way to bring it back. She exclaimed that I haven't been home the few times she has tried to bring it...I never answered the phone. I told her she could leave it on my porch, my neighbors wont steal...So long story short, turns out that me trying to help her and her family, backfired. I never got a thank you note, never got anything returned, I was lied too and it really pisses me off. I am still trying to get the items back, though unfortunately, she is a liar and a thief and I will never get the items in question returned.

You know, it really feels good to just get this out. Yes, its a childish matter, but it is something that matters to me, so its not so childish to me. Not to mention the fact, that I was raised to take care of others belonging, heck technically, my mom didn't want me to borrow anything, just for reasons such as this. Lesson learned. Now when I consign or donate items, I make sure the family or cause is worthy. Too many people out there take advantage of our system, use their childrens' sickness to get sympathy, pity and help. It sickens me that people like this exist. But day by day, I am still teaching myself that God will be the judge not me, til then I will just blog about it all.

0 comments: