BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Prochaska Family

The Prochaska Family
First Family Photos as a family of 4!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Six years with the one I love....wow!!

August 6, 2011 was mine and Nick's 6 year wedding anniversary. Wow, it really seems like it was just the other day that we met, got engaged and started our lives together. It was funny because we actually spent our anniversary in 96, Nicks parents agreed to babysit for us so we could have a night out...well the funny part is, we stopped by our old townhouse, and I reminded Nick that at that time 6 yrs ago I was getting dressed for our wedding, about to go crazy because of all the people in my house!!! And of course we were at his parents house around the time the festivities began...such wonderful, and some very funny memories. We had planned to go out to eat, meet up with some friends, come home by 10pm and just relax! Well, let me tell you that didn't happen!!! What a memorable night...well, sort of...don't remember everything...(bad mommy)

We left the kids playing in the pool and having a good time...and to begin with I was so tired and just wanted to go to bed, but its not often that we have a FREE sitter...so we had to get out and do something. We started the night out visiting a few friends...had a few drinks, then heading into Greenwood, where my anniversary dinner was McDonald's drive thru! Yes, you read that correctly...but it was good...then we headed to Sports Break to have a few drinks and meet up with another couple. At first, I was still tired and then when Lauren and Jay arrived, I finally got my second wind! We had such a great time, just hanging out, talking, eating some wings...watching Jay beat Nicks high score on Pinball, with one of Nicks quarters...oh so bittersweet...and naturally, these two men are best friends and have grown up together...so began the betting on push ups, pull ups and who knows what else...all the while I know Nick is drinking and going on no sleep...but the rivalry continued until they went out to the deck to give it a shot...just practice though...I promised I would not post the video, but well it was a hoot! By now, I am feeling great and the boys decide to play pool...by the way, I love, but only because I like the way it sounds when the balls hit one another!! I know, total blond!!! By the time we left it was way past our time to be home...but we were having a good time...we stopped by to see another friend, visited for abt 30 minutes...of which was in the ER parking lot and yes I walked my happy tail right through the doors of the ER and went straight to the bathroom and walked my happy self right back out...hehehe...okay, so after that it was I assume close to midnight...who knows, my watch batteries are all dead...Nicks too...but we decided what the hey, lets stop by the Palmetto Inn...never been there before...this is where it gets hazy and I get totally intoxicated...not a proud moment later in the night...It was a lot of fun...it was karaoke, I love karaoke...don't sing, but love to pretend when I am drinking!! Well, they found out it was our anniversary, they played "Wonderful Tonight" so we could dance...such a sweet gesture...and then the drinks and shots started coming!!! But while we were there, we called a good friend, Christopher, and he came out and hung out with us...it was so good to see him, to see his face, to hear him talk, tell a joke, and just be there...as you see this is Tuckers brother, and all those Tucker boys are alot alike...and it was just great visiting with him...by the time we left, he offered to take us home, but I thought I was fine to drive...hahahahahahahahaha! But really I hate leaving my truck anywhere, especially if I have to go back the next day and get it...luckily, being the good friend he is, Christopher followed us all the way home, out of his way I might add...naturally, if I could redo it, he would have drove us home...but well, can't go back to yesterday!

We made it home nice and safe...this is where it really gets hazy...In all honesty, I don't think I have ever drank that much!!!!! (And no intentions to EVER do it again). I prayed to the royal thrown for sometime, and was hungover for about 2 days...but well we had a great time...but at the same time, it wasn't so fun when I had to get up the next morning with the kids...I actually asked for help, because everything was still spinning....I was so embarrassed and humiliated! I have never not been able to get up the next day and take care of my family, which I could have done, had this person notagree d to allow me to go back to sleep. I really felt bad...I was really hard on myself and well the guilt trip that I was given, I fell right into...I did my best to help and was actually told no, I have this...okay....

The comment was actually made to myself, and then later on to Nick, that this seems to be becoming a habit...WTC? First of all, we don't drink that much...second it was our anniversary, and third, you shouldn't agree to something if you don't want to do it...but that is my opinion...and of course I am sure there will be some repercussion for my posting this, but well, if I am going to truly talk about my life as I live it, then the bad comes along too...can't pretend I live in a sugarcoated world...Needless to say, I felt so guilty and awkward that I was ready to come home, but I had promised Nick he could sleep...however, he had forgotten that his schedule had changed! He was trying to sleep all day so he could go to work that night...I kept going in and out of the room telling him I wanted to go home, I wanted my house...my surrounding's and what not...but being the laid back man that I married he told me to just ignore it...so I tried...then when I apologized again for my actions, I was reprimanded for not having sex on my anniversary...and that is what someone would have done had it been their anniversary....Again, WTC? I straight up told them I would not have sex in my in laws house...that is just weird...anyways, long story short Nick finally got up and realized that he didn't have to work...we packed up the truck and came home...ahhh....I love my house...so glad that we have decided not to move...grass is greener on the other side a little, but not when it comes to my home...I hope to see my friends more as planned...but I know they all have busy lives too...that's just what happens when you grow up and enter the real world...such a shame that kids today don't realize how good they have it...in about 15 years they will realize it...

So that was my anniversary...I had a great time...drank entirely too much...got reprimanded for not having sex...but at the end of the weekend, I was back home in my house...where no one can make me feel guilty...I know what this was an out there post...but well its the life I am living...and I am loving every minute of it...except for those 2 days I was hungover...now, its time to get back into school and dance mode. Basically, it goes to show that I am still human, and make mistakes and learn from them...I can't be SuperMom if I can't stand up...

0 comments: