BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Prochaska Family

The Prochaska Family
First Family Photos as a family of 4!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14....and a whirlwind of romance

Wow, time seems to fly by these days, and seems to even fly by faster on some. I suppose you spend your childhood looking forward to the next milestone in life, and then once you hit the legal age limit, what else is there to look forward too...well, at least that is the thought for some people...funny, this isn't even on topic of what my blog is about...sheez...

Anyways, it was 7 years ago today that I met Nick for the very first time. I remember everything about that first look. I mean seriously, ladies, looks may not be everything, but they are what we notice first...then we see the personality and other qualities...but first we have to have an attraction!

It was Friday evening, and we were going to see the Swinging Medallions play for Greenwood's annual Festival of Flowers. At the time I was home visiting from Charleston, my brother was a car salesman and was able to get tickets to the show for free. I had a horrible week back in Charleston, so coming home for a visit was great...besides by this time I had already decided I was moving back. There were going to be 5 of us going, and I was going to be the 5th wheel, no biggie though. I just wanted to have a good time. As it was explained to me, it would be my brother and his girlfriend, her sister and the guy she was dating...at least that is what she had told me that same day earlier when we stopped by the bar she worked. She had said they dated and were engaged and that he was the one, she just knew it, she knew it by the way he kissed her. So I am thinking that's great for her...never in my life thinking he would actually turn out to be the one for me!

Naturally, when I came walking out my house that evening to leave, that this hottie laying against my car was her date...I thought to myself, how in the hell did she get him?  So there he is, leaning against the rear passenger side fender of my black Forenza...he was wearing blue jeans, flops, glasses (which I have always loved), a blue striped shirt tucked into the front of his belt, and of course his blue Adidas hat, that was on backwards...(another yum moment)! For sure, I was definitely physically attracted to this guy, but really didn't think too much on it because he was with someone.(Oh,and for the record...if you ask him what I was wearing...his reply, "a dress that had red circles on it." hahaha!! I had on a plaid dress that was indeed red, but he says all he cared about was my butt at the time...I added this because he still finds it hard to believe that I remember what he was wearing from head to toe!)

After tricking my brothers girlfriend into thinking we wouldn't leave her, we got in the car and left. (Completely another story, and well not worth sharing). He and I talked about how familiar we looked to one another, only realizing that we pretty much ran in the same circles during college but never once met.We knew a lot of the same people. He had dated several of  my classmates and enemies at one time or another. It was interesting...so naturally, I confided in my brother that this guy was hot, and I was interested. And by this time we had been introduced...and it turns out Nick thought I was pretty hot as well. We talked a little here and there while at the concert or dance,whatever you would like to call it. He got my number from my brother, but asked where I would be later that night...hmm, well it was Greenwood, so you could find me late at night at Legend's! He told mee would see me there later. I was definitely hoping so...At the end of the night I drove them back to her house and as he got out of the car he began to take off his shirt...it was the final physical attraction...he was covered in tattoos!! Oh my gosh, I was in heaven! If you know me then you know my "man" has to have tattoos...because to me, they are just effing hot! So we left and out we went...of course in the back of my mind I was hoping he would find me that night, but I still assumed that he was with her...and well I was just out of luck!

I remember sitting on the left side of the bar, right at the entrance, when he came walking in...He told me that he rode through the parking lot to make sure my car was there. I was excited. This guy was hot, and he seemed like such a nice guy. By the end of the night, the first night we had met, I asked him would he like to ride with me the next day to Gaffney to pick up my niece and nephew. He said that he would, and well for safe measures we parked his truck at the BK up from my house.

Somehow, a complete section has disappeared...and since the blog is quite long, I shorten this part...I love my niece and nephew and any man in my life has to like them, but much more than that they have to like him...well they did right from the moment that met him....even my shy niece. Someone even thought that were our kids when we stopped for pizza...(not exactly what I had previously written, but you get the point)
My mom was coming from Charleston for a visit as well, so he said that he would stay with me until she got there...little did he know that my mother has no conception of time and that he would end sitting there on his tailgate talking with me until about 4 in the morning. We talked about everything, from the last person we dated to how we weren't looking for anything but friendship...thinking back now, I am pretty sure we both knew there was something between. I remember feeling like a silly little school girl waiting on him to kiss me...and he says I made him feel the same, but of course not like a girl! By the time he left we had made plans to hang out again on that Sunday. We were going to a friends house to go swimming...that day he showed up on his motorcycle, and he was wearing a bright green shirt...you definitely wouldn't miss him if you were driving on the road. I followed him in my car, and we went swimming...I felt so happy and giddy...later that evening he took me for a ride on his motorcycle...this was only the second time I had ever ridden one...we went and ate at the Sonic, and rode around for a little while with his friend.

That night I ended up staying at his house, yes, it was only our third date, so to speak...but he was a complete gentleman. We talked and talked and talked...and he actually also packed for Charlotte. He was going there for a week with work. True story...(lol)...I was going to see a friend there in Charlotte, as well,if it didn't work out moving back home, a friend of mine had a possible job for me there in Charlotte. So somehow, it all came about and he asked if I wanted to come to Charlotte and hang out...umm hell yes...I was falling for this guy already...3 days after I had told him that all I wanted was a friendship...wasn't looking for anything else...that week we became the Charlotte group because I also met some people that he worked with. Again, we had an awesome time...and from that time on were always together...well, at least on the weekends...he would come to Charleston and visit me on the weekends and we would have such an awesome time...the whole time I was falling for him more and more...

Then in July, I believe the date was the 27th...we went to see Dave Matthews in concert...that sealed the deal...I knew this guy was the one, I had never in my life felt this way about anyone...I didn't think that I ever would...After the concert we stayed in Charlotte, and then he stayed the night with me that Sunday night...Monday morning he woke up early telling me that he had to go to Wal-Mart, and had to beat the rush...in my head I am thinking umm, okay...At about 10am he called me...and told me that we shouldn't see each other anymore...I was crushed but I didn't argue or try to convince him differently, you see, the one thing he told me while we were sitting on his tailgate that one night, is that he knows if he wants to be with a girl, and if he doesn't then its over...just that plain and simple, so here I sat on the couch losing the man I had fallen madly in love with...I went back to Charleston for one last week as I was moving home the first of August...he was all I thought about all week and naturally I kept trying to figure out what had went wrong because we had a great time at the concert and a great time every time we were together!

By the weekend I couldn't take it any longer, I just had to call him...I mean he had even asked me to go to the beach with him and his family...when he answered he said he had been thinking about me and was going to call...umm, yeah right. We made plans to meet up that Wednesday evening in Greenwood at CiCi's Pizza. We had a good time...and we were just going to see where it led us...the last thing he said to me before he left for work, was that unless something happened he would see me Friday morning when he got off work and we would hang out before he left for the beach.

That following day I went over to a friends house to hang out...and my cell phone didn't have good reception at her house...well we left for a bit and a voicemail showed up on my phone...I had a bad feeling...the voicemail said, "remember I said I would come by after work Friday morning if nothing happened, well, something happened and I wont be coming over. Call me when you get this message." My heart was pounding I had no idea what was wrong but I was freaking out...he had wrecked his motorcycle that morning on his way home from work. He was passing a school bus when a car pulled out in front of him...he dropped the bike at abt 70mph...lucky for him he was wearing his helmet. Besides being sore he had a broken wrist, but he was alive...I was in shock. I couldn't believe what had happened, but so thankful that he wasn't hurt worse...at the end of the phone conversation he told me that I could come over if I wanted but that he was on pain meds and grumpy. Ha!! I went over and watched him rest that night...the next day he left for the beach and I went home...a little angry. Why? Because originally, he had invited me to go with him, but he went without me...oh well, I thought, I will just go hang out in Columbia. On Saturday night he called asking me to come to the beach...I was so excited...but naturally told him that I had plans for the weekend and could come Monday. I didn't want to seem too excited...hahaha!

What a fantastic week. I had a blast! We slept in twin beds, sometimes sharing...but always going to sleep in my bed...poor guy, I had to put his sun lotion on him from head to toe because he couldn't do it with the cast on his arm...and yes there were times I wondered if he invited me just for that one reason! Turns out he had talked about me with his cousin and sister in law and how he felt...and he wasn't sure if he should call or not...they told him umm...yes, get your butt on the phone and invite her!!

As you know the story continues on...here we are 7 years later, and our wedding anniversary is August 6, and it will be our 6th year of marriage! I have never in my life been happier. I love him with all that I am and I love him more and more everyday. I love to hear him laugh, and still giggle because he can't really see me if he doesn't have his glasses on. I look at him as the father of our children, a great father, a great husband...God brought us together at the right moment in time...though its begins out kinda funny and filled with a little bit of drama, that's okay...because today I am his wife, the woman he comes home to every day...the mother of his children, the only drama queen in his life...lol...Plain and simply put, this is my happily ever after...

0 comments: