BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Prochaska Family

The Prochaska Family
First Family Photos as a family of 4!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Fight...

I guess there's no secret and well no denying it happened. That yes, I was bullied by many...that is not to say that my horns aren't holding up my halo.

I am so surprised by that one day in the hallway when I got into my first fight. That is what everyone remembers about me, young and old. You know how you post on facebook or back when we used myspace, you would ask your friends to leave a memory about you on your page...well that hallway fight was her memory of me. Not sitting next to her in Sunday school, or in math class, nope me getting into a fight. I even think she included some hahahas in there...what the hell was she thinking? And to this day that seems to be one memory that everyone wants to rehash, so lets do it, but how about this time around I get to tell my side of the story instead of all the gossip that ran through our school like wildfires on that day.

It was my 7th grade year and everyone knew that this one girl wanted to fight me, but no one knew why.  (Imagine that...someone hates me, but there is no reason, seems to be the story of my life). My parents were actively involved in the situation. We spoke with the school, the principal, school board and everyone else and kept them abreast of what she was doing and saying to  me. However, we were told that until she physically touches me there is nothing the school could do. But they did make it clear to myself and my parents, that yes, this girl will jump when she gets the opportunity Well isn't that just the best news of the day. So here I was just waiting on her to attack, always looking over my shoulder, listening to her yell comments abt the catfish queen smelling like catfish...I mean really like you would have known...wondering will it be today, this girl had something to say to me everyday as she walked by...I am beginning to wonder if she sat in her room at night thinking of what to say to me...and then came D Day...it was after lunch on the way back in from canteen...it was a large group of people just walking back to our lockers...there she was walking in front of me. So here is the surprise...I went after her first, I pushed her into the lockers from behind, thought if I got her first then maybe it would just stop...Nope, no way, wrong...errrrr.....epic fail....So here I was in my first fight and I didn't know what the hell I was doing. And the infamous sucker...you guys remember them, they were the NBA ones...also the suckers that caused many of us to get stung by yellow jackets inside our mouths! Boy that sucked, but the sucker itself was good! So anyways, I had a sucker in my mouth...rumor number 1-she placed it in my hair, twisted it all over and yanked the hair out of my scalp. Umm no. I dropped the sucker, and she dropped kicked me in the mouth busting my lips, thank you dear braces for being on her side of the fight because they sure weren't helping me. She did pull my hair towards the end(I mean isn't that what girls do??), when I remember being parralel with the floor, because a few teachers had me on the wall that way. Once she finally let go, all of my hair was still attached to my scalp. Did I get an ass whoopin, well sure I did...she was twice my size and had practice fighting...me, that was a first. Is it one of those memories burned into my brain, somewhat. It's unfortunate because this one still gets me pissed off, but only because people didn't know what happened but they made up their stories...bald spot, black eye...you name it, it was probably said...whatever...

But seriously, I am not afraid to discuss what happened to me during the years I was bullied, its something that I grew up with, I had to learn to cope.  From what I understand she was expelled from school, I was not punished at all, but my sucker in the hair story lives on. I just don't get it. No one remembers the papers that I wrote or the grades I had. All they cared about was that fight. What abt the girl who made the Jayvee Cheerleading squad, the one that smiled alot...nope don't remember her. Oh well. Maybe you might remember her later. But if this fight is how you define who I am, then you have serious issues, if that is the memory you have of us classmates thats awesome. Thats not the memories that I carry with me. I really don't know why this one incident rattles me, but it does...as do most of the others...some wounds are still fresh, only because I have never talked about them before. So feel free to ask me whatever you want. I just pray that my friends remembered something different that day...

0 comments: