BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

The Prochaska Family

The Prochaska Family
First Family Photos as a family of 4!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A fork in the road...and I don't mean the one you eat with...

Wow, is about all I can say. It has all happened so very fast. One day we're planning what we would like to do to our house later on and then the next we are discussing selling with a realtor or by owner!! What a crazy couple of weeks it has been...

It all started a month ago or longer, Nick asked me to put his application in online at a place he once worked, but it would be in Greenville. I did, but while on there I saw that there was an opening in Greenwood, so I sent his resume there as well. We have briefly discussed the possibility of moving back to Greenwood, but never thought it would happen because of the pay range that Nick has advanced too. Well, I got a call on a Thursday from the company, they interviewed him the next day, (Friday) and on Monday he was offered a position. Tuesday it was a formal written offer and then on Wednesday he turned in his 2 week notice to Exopack. Its kinda scary...I love it here, my mom is here and my brother, but all of my friends with the exception of a few, are in Greenwood. And I am always feeling like I am missing out. But this isn't about me. This is about my husband. For the last 5 years we have lived here in Woodruff, or Spartanburg county for me. I am the one who wanted to give working at Channel 7 a shot and I did for abt a year. I miss it, but the chances of going back are slim to none, and well I like being with my family. This man gave up everything he knew to follow his wife of 7 months to Spartanburg to pursue her dream career. Who could ask for anyone better? And he was okay with it when I wanted to quit because the hours I worked and the hours he worked were conflicting and we never saw one another. I took one other position as Public Relations in a dentist office. I loved all the ladies I worked with and for, but it wasn't for me, especially when I found out I was pregnant. So a SAHM I became. So here we are still in Spartanburg, all because of me...

Nick was offered a position with Exopack back in 2007, while I was pregnant with Ansley, it worked out great, the pay was nice...and well we could enjoy life a little more. There one and only downfall, is this particular plant is old...and I mean, like there are ppl there when the doors opened that are illiterate and this is all they can do. The machines are old, some ppl are rude but WORST of all the climate ranges from 100-130, on any given day during the summer...sure there are fans, that blow HOT air, and of course no heat in the winter.After being pregnant with Adam last year, I felt like I knew how he felt inside that building and it wasn't fair. This man was willing to do all that he could for his family, and it was only fair that he at least doesn't mind going to work in the summer or winter!! So we started looking...never thinking it would be Greenwood. I know he wants to be close to his family as do I. Don't get me wrong I love my family,  but I have grown very close to my MIL in the last 7 years. We miss visiting them like we used too to every weekend...and it was time for me to make some changes. As Nicks wife I fully support him and always will. He is the leader of this family and is looking out for us. Bottom line, I trust him and I want us all to be happy. So we have prayed about this over and over and if this is where we are meant to be then so be it.

His new position is with a contract Maintenance company called ATS, they are all over the East Coast. They have a few plants in Greenwood and he will be working at Eaton Electric over on the by pass. The downer, he will be 3rd shift, but I am looking at it as though he will have more time with the kids and wont be so grumpy from working in the heat all day. So his last day at Exopack is June 29 and he starts at Eaton on June 30. He is planning to commute until we can sell the house, and there will be times when he stays with his parents...it will take some adjusting, but I know in the end it is much better for our family. As for an exact move date, who knows...no rush...but if you do know someone in the area looking for a home let me know...

I am hoping that all of you who read this will be excited for me. I have dreamed of coming back to Greenwood and having play dates with Ashley and the girls, cook outs...girls nights...and everything else...My family is trying to be supportive, but they are hurt. I understand, we never intended to move again, but sometimes you have to take a chance...no the grass may not always be greener on the other side, but unless you check it out for yourself you will never know.

And for those of you still there...ideas on schools and etc is needed...I hope you are guys are as happy as we are...and if you aren't then please keep those comments to yourself!

So as you can see my journey is taking a new path...and I am ready to see what it will bring. I am letting God take me down this path...and we shall see where it goes! And here's hoping that I find my dream house again....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I wish the best of luck for you guys. I love you and I think you should follow your heart. I feel the same way about my hobby and kids. They always come first. I love my extened family and always will. You know you can't please everyone, just follow your heart with the best interest of your kids at heart and you van not go wrong.

I'm so proud of you! You have grown into an amazing women and a wonderful mother.

Hugs & kisses
Amy

Ashley Quarles said...

I've already told you how excited I am about y'all coming back to Greenwood! And you're right, you have to take a chance or you'll always wonder "what if"!!!!